Classic Dead Sea Day Tour
Tour operates: daily
The lowest spot on earth, and a natural health spa, the Dead Sea is one site you don't want to miss! The surface of the Dead Sea is over 1,300 feet below sea level. The very bottom of the sea, in the deepest part, is over 2,300 feet below sea level. The Dead Sea has some of the most saline water on earth; as much as 35% of the water is dissolved salts. That's almost 6 times as salty as the ocean. The Dead Sea is completely landlocked and it gets saltier with increasing depth.Itinerary
Drive through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea. Roadside view of Qumran caves (visit not included) where the dead sea scrolls were found; Visit a dead sea cosmetic products shop. Stop for relaxation at one of the resorts on the shores of the Dead Sea; enjoy the opportunity to float in the Dead Sea and cover yourself with the mineral, rich, therapeutic Dead Sea mud.
Return to point of departure.
- Pick up from Tel-Aviv Hotels is approximately between 7:20am-7:40am
- Pick up from Jerusalem Hotels is approximately between 9:00am-9:20am (expect traffic)
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
- Good sun protection, swim suits, and towls.
Per person from Jerusalem—in a bus.
Per person from Tel Aviv—in a bus.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your hotel for pick-up
2. Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach bus/van.
3. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
4. Entrance fees as per Dead Sea Tour itinerary.
5. One day sightseeing as per program.
6. No added fees for credit card payment.
- The Judean Desert is bordered by the Mountains of Judea to the west and by the Dead Sea to the East. It stretches only 1,500 square kilometers, but it contains many fascinating nature reserves, historic sites, monasteries and primeval panoramas that make it an exciting and unique place to visit.
- The Dead Sea - where you’ll have an opportunity to swim and float on the Dead Sea the lowest place on earth.
- Qumran where a cache of ancient biblical texts the Dead Sea Scroll were discovered.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.