Classic Ephesus Day Tour
Tour Itinerary Tour Rates Tour Inclusions Tour Highlights Request Quote
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
Ephesus established as a port and an ancient important commercial center. It played a great role in the ancient times with its strategic location. Ephesus is located on a very fertile valley. Once, the trade capital of the ancient world, a religious center of the early Christianity and today, Ephesus is an important tourism destination in Turkey.Itinerary
Upon arrival to Izmir Airport, transfer to Ephesus and visit the most exciting ancient sites of this region. Begin with The Great Theater, part of the archaeological site of Ephesus, is a dramatic and impressive sight located on the slope of Panayir Hill. We’ll proceed to the library of Celsus, an ancient Roman building built in honor of a Roman Senator. Continue to The Gymnasium of Ephesus located near the Magnesia Gate, on Pin Mountain and it was built in the 2nd century AD, by (according to an inscription) Flavius Damianus and his wife Vedia Phaedrina. Visit one of the main attractions in Ephesus, The Temple of Hadrian with its beautiful arch on the front façade, and interesting reliefs including one of Medusa. After we'll visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where some believe the mother of Jesus spent her final years.
- Pick up from Izmir Airport depends on your flight schedule however ideally should be from 7:30-9:00 am
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
Per person from Izmir.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes. 2 passenger minimum for this tour required to operate.Included
1. Transfers: Free escorted transfers- meet & assistance on arrival and departure at Izmir domestic airport.
2. Air-conditioned motor coach van.
3. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
4. Entrance fees as per Ephesus Tour itinerary.
5. One day sightseeing as per program.
6. No added fees for credit card payment.
- Ephesus is an ancient city in Turkey’s Central Aegean region, near modern day Selçuk. Its excavated remains reflect centuries of history, from classical Greece to the Roman Empire – when it was the Mediterranean’s main commercial center – to the spread of Christianity. Southwest of Selçuk stands the house where the Virgin Mary is believed to have lived.
- The Great Theatre of Ephesus was the most imposing building of ancient Ephesus and it was the place were Saint Paul was judged.
- The library of Celsus - is one of the most beautiful structures in Ephesus. It was built in 117 A.D. It was a monumental tomb for Gaius Julius Celsus Polemaeanus.
- The Gymnasium of Ephesus - The construction of the gymnasium dates around the second century AD, funded by Publius Vedius Antoninus and his wife Flavia Papiana. They dedicated the gymnasium to Goddess Artemis and to Emperor Antoninus Pius. In Ephesus, gymnasiums were the schools for the young in which one could take lessons for art, sports, literature, drama and speech.
- Temple of Hadrian is one of the best preserved and most beautiful structures at Ephesus. It was built before 138 A.D by P. Quintilius and was dedicated to the Emperor Hadrian, who came to visit the city from Athens in 128 A.D The facade of the temple has four Corinthian columns supporting a curved arch, in the middle of which contains a relief of the goddess of victory.
- House of Virgin Mary, one of the most sacred places for Christianity, is located near Ephesus. Some believe the virgin Mary had spent her last days in the vicinity of Ephesus.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.
- Turkey Tours
- Turkey Excursions
- Turkey Day Tour: Ephesus Tour │ 1 Day